One of the (many) shitty things about borderline personality disorder is the black and white thinking and the catastrophic thinking that goes along with it.
Case in point was last night. The dog has had the runs for several days and last night she threw up. So, of to the vet we go.
It took the vet about 45 minutes to see her. During that time, I came to several conclusions:
– The dog had something seriously wrong that was going to cost thousands of dollars.
– I would make the call to have her put down.
– My roommate would be so angry with me that she would tell my ex about my drug use.
– My ex would prevent me from seeing my kids indefinitely.
– I would kick my roommate out of the apartment that night.
Isn’t that great? I was convinced that that was how the evening would go down. And that’s just one example of my perennially fucked up thinking.
The actual diagnosis: GI problem from changing food too quickly after leaving the shelter.
Final cost: $345
Someday, I’ll figure myself out.